The Faculty of Food Science of the UWM in Olsztyn, in collaboration with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Process Engineering of the University of Applied Sciences in Offenburg, offers an opportunity to take up full-time, 3-semester, second degree master studies in the Food technology and human nutrition, in the field of food engineering.
All teaching classes will be conducted exclusively in English. The teaching during the winter semester will be done in Offenburg, and during the summer semester – in Olsztyn. The choice of the teaching venue for the third semester will depend on the supervisor and subject of one’s diploma work (it can be either Olsztyn or Offenburg).
Graduates obtain a diploma of graduating from second degree master studies at UWM in Olsztyn in the major Food Technology and Human Nutrition (in the field of Food Engineering) and a graduation diploma of master studies at University of Applied Sciences in Offenburg in the major Process Engineering.
If you are interested in an engineer’s vision of the development of food and methods of its production, you are welcome to take up these studies. Applications can be filed by graduates from engineer’s studies in agriculture, forestry and veterinary sciences, with good knowledge of English (documented level B2), and at the same time mobile and eager to acquire new competences and experience during their studies at a Polish or German university.
The syllabus of joint studies includes the following subjects:
The first Semester – spring-summer (classes in Olsztyn):
- Methodology of experimental studies
- Basics of nutrition
- Food physics and rheology
- Food marketing and production economics
- Food quality and safety management
- Food product development
- Enzymology and bioinformaticics
- Technological equipment in food processing
- Technical microbiology
- Innovative food technology and technics
- English terminology in food engineering
The secend Semester – autumn-winter (classes conducted in Offenburg):
- Modules of non-technical competences: public relation + electives
- Safety engineering
- Process control engineering
- Biotechnological conversion processes
- Chemical engineering
- Technical school - Process engineering
- Water processing
- Elective modules: Biotechnical processes - BP /or/ Renewable energy conversion REC)
- BP: Dimensioning biotechnological processes + Biotechnological processes
- REC: Thermochemical conversion processes + Technical school - Renewable energy conversion
The third Semester - spring-summer (the choice of Olsztyn or Offenburg, depending on the diploma work subject):
Diploma elective in Olsztyn:
- Diploma seminar
- master's thesis
- presentation and defence
Diploma elective in Offenburg:
- master's thesis (with practice)
- presentation and defence
All student University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn and all student Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Process Engineering of the University of applied Sciences in Offenburg they have the option of free an opportunity to take up full-time, 3-semester, second-cycle, full-time, in the field of Food engineering.
dr inż. Adriana Łobacz
ERASMUS+ Faculty Coordinator