The next events:
Warmia and Mazury Dairy Excellence Center WAMADAIREC was established in 1 April 2003 in Institute of Dairy Science and Technology Development (IDSTD) of Faculty of Food Science at Warmia and Mazury University in Olsztyn as a result of applying proposal on the competition (contest) announced by European Commission in the 5th Frame Program, thematic program: Quality of Life and Management of Living Resources, key action: Food, Nutrition and Health.
Faculty of Food Science (http://www.uwm.edu.pl/wnz/index2.php) associates a wide group of specialist busied with among other things: milk production aspects, its processing and analysis, trade and distribution of milk products. Science activity carrying on the faculty includes research works in following directions: chemical, physical and microbiological milk properties and its components, improving technological processes, biotechnological aspects of milk components processing, improving properties of milk substitute and diet-therapeutic preparations, working out new no-waste milk and its components processing technologies.
Institute of Dairy Science and Technology Development (IDSTD) is the largest and best equipped university center in Poland educating professional personnel for dairy enterprises. The major areas of operation of IDSTD include scientific, educational, consulting and training activities. Additional to the basic lines of activity IDSTD offers services to the dairy industry in the area of advisory services and consulting, laboratory analyses and expert opinions as well as promotion of dairy products. For a number of years IDSTD organizes annual international symposium on “New developments in dairy technology” and takes active part in organization of Food Fair WAMA-FOOD.
Employees of IDSTD are authors of a few dozen patents and implementations concerning production of milk products. They actively participate in organizing and conducting of a number of trainings and courses addressed to dairy industry employees from Poland. Moreover IDSTD has organized trainings for Veterinary and Sanitary Inspections in the field of hygiene of milk production taking Critical Control Points into consideration. The integral art of IDSTD is modern Technological Hall equipped with pilot lines which enables to carrying out research in the field of production of all dairy products assortment.
Employees of the WAMADAIREC are authors of about 50-60 publications a year and take part at 20-30 projects for industry. Within education Centre promotes about 40 engineers a year in every study specialization.
IDSTD is experienced with internatinal cooperation with research institutions.
IDSTD participated in many international projects, from which to most important belong:
- in 1994 IDSTD was the main executor of the program Milk acquisition and processing financed by U.S. government and coordinated by Foundation of Assistance Programmes for Agriculture (FAPA),
- in 1994 IDSTD organized and carried out courses realized within the confines of Food and Agricultural Marketing Training Programme, which was financed by Agricultural Development Fund (Great Britain),
- in 1995-97 IDSTD co-realized project Pilot Programmes on Quality Management in the Polish Dairy Sector financed by Agricultural Development Fund (Great Britain); the main executor of this project was Scottish Agriculture College (Great Britain),
- in 1997 IDSTD was incorporated in realization of PHARE project entitled Implementation od the sanitary and veterinary system (HACCP) in the production of foodstuffs of animal origin supervised by Nethconsult,
- in 1997-98 IDSTD realized program Quality Management in the Dairy Industry financed by PHARE fund and supervised by Swedish firm Swedish Farm and Agroindustrial Services AB, SwedFarm,
- in 2000 IDSTD was the main executor of project financed by PHARE entitled Quality improving in Polish dairy and fish sectors; the project was supervised by Natural Resources Institute, University of Greenwich (Great Britain).