Regional Contact Point for Research Programmes of the European Union (RPK)
Our contact point was established at the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn in April 2003 by Ministry of Science and Higher Education and replaced the hitherto existing Branch Contact Point that had been created in 2002.
The main aim of our activity is disseminating knowledge and information about Framework Programmes of the European Union, currently Horizon 2020, for research and innovation.
In the years 2007-2013 we carried out 190 trainings (the 7th Framework Programme) in which we had 2855 participants. We conducted 1700 consulting meetings. We co-organised or were partner sides in 42 trainings/seminars/meetings in which 1418 participants took part.
We offer the range of our activities mostly to the region of Warmia and Mazury voivodship, however we cooperate with all Regional Contact Points and National Contact Point in Warsaw as well.
Our tasks and responsibilities:
- providing information about structure and tasks of Horizon 2020 Framework Programme
- organising trainings, presentations and workshops about the possibilities of participating in projects and managing them
- consulting and advisory meetings helping in preparing project applications
- disseminating information about legal aspects, practical tips, deadlines and rules of applying for funding
- advisory role during the projects duration
- assistance in seeking foreign partnership
- participating in negotiations and execution of contracts
- cooperation with National Contact Point and other Regional Contact Points
- providing information about other programmes and initiatives of the European Union